Current Affairs August 2014 question and answers are very important for competitors who are preparing for any competitive examination. Current affairs are the main part of any competitive exam. Current Affair August 2014 helps you to aware about what are happenings in the world over the August month of 2014.
For getting any government jobs you have to appear competitive exam. Current affair is the compulsory section of any competitive exam. So you must know latest updates which are happening over the world.
Privatejobshub is also providing you the Current Affairs question and answers in PDF form that you may free download. You should take a look on Current Affairs August 2014 that is gathered on this page.
Current Affairs August 2014:
- Guitar legend Dick Wagner died at 71
- Vikas Gowda of Karnataka won gold medal in men's athletics
- Submit proposal to fast-track criminal justice system: SC to Centre
- RBI canceled the Licence of The Vasavi Co-operative Urban Bank Ltd., Hyderabad
- Muzaffar Ali selected for Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award
- Bachendri Pal conferred Bharat Gaurav by East Bengal Club
- SC allowed Subrata Roy to use conference room in Tihar for asset sale talks
- Deputy National Security Adviser Nehchal Sandhu resigned
- Dipa Karmakar became first Indian woman gymnast to win medal in Commonwealth Games
- Punjab Government agreed to Ghana’s offer of land to Punjab farmers
- Heavy downpour caused landslide in the Malin Village near Pune
- One Life is Not Enough written by Natwar Singh released
- Monsoon deficit dipped to 22 percent, monsoon 90 percent of the normal in July 2014
- SS Mundra took charge as fourth RBI Deputy Governor
- Sierra Leone declared Ebola public health emergency
- Arunachal Pradesh District Planning Committee (Amendment) Bill, 2014 passed in Assembly
Current Affairs August 2014 quiz:
Ques. 1: 2014 Commonwealth Games will be held in:
1) Glasgow (Scotland)
2) New Delhi (India)
3) Islamabad (Pakistan)
4) None of these
Ques. 2: Asia’s longest solar power plant, recently inaugurated in Gujarat, is built by:
1) Moser Baer
2) Tata-BP Solar
4) None of the above
Ques. 3: Which country recently opened the World’s first women-only university?
3) Saudi Arabia
Ques.4: The consortium of which of the following companies recently won the patent auction, hailed as the biggest in history, for the patent portfolio of Nortel Networks Corp., a bankrupt telecom major?
1) Apple, Microsoft and RIM (and others)
2) Google, RIM and Apple (and others)
3) Google, RIM and Microsoft (and others)
4) Sony, Apple, Microsoft and Google (and others)
Ques.5: A new Guinness World Record, for the longest hockey game of all time, was set recently by 40 women in:
1) New York