List of Central Universities in India 2013: The Parliament has established Central Universities which are also known as the Union Universities by the Parliament act.A Central University runs under the work area of Department for Higher Education in the Union Human Resource Development Ministry. Generally, Universities in India are recognized by University Grant Commission (UGC) act, 1956. The UGC has Publish the List of Central Universities in India 2013.
The central Universities are sheltered by the Central University Act, 2009. 12 new universities are being regulating by the Central Universities Act 2009. The UGC included 42 Central Universities in List of Central Universities in India 2013.
List of Central Universities Rank wise:
- Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi: Jamia Millia Islamia (National Islamic University) was established in 1920 which is situated in New Delhi. Jamia Millia Islamia University was declared as a central university of India in December 1988.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University: Jawaharlal Nehru University - JNU was founded in 1970 recognized by UGC. The University has the campus at New Delhi in 1000 acre. The name of the University was after the name of the Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU): Banaras Hindu University was founded in the 1916 in Varanasi. The university has recognized by the UGC of India. BHU has two campuses, 3 institutes, 16 faculties, 140 departments, 4 advanced centers and 4 interdisciplinary schools.
- University of Hyderabad: University of Hyderabad was founded in 1974 by Parliament of India as a Central University. It was recognized by UGC in 1988. It offers several of courses.
- Allahabad University: The Allahabad University was founded in 1887. It is one of the oldest and top universities in India recognized by the UGC of India.
- Assam University, Silchar: Assam University was established in 1994.
- Tezpur University, Assam: Tezpur University was founded in 1994 by Act of Parliament 1994. Tezpur University is the first university of the nation which offers the course Master of Technology in Computational Seismology and also one of the few universities in India to have its own Department of Energy.
- English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad: English and Foreign Languages University was founded in the year 1958 in Hyderabad. It is recognized by the UGC of India.
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad: Maulana Azad National Urdu University was founded in 1998 by an Act of the Parliament as a Central University with an All India jurisdiction.
- Manipur University: Manipur University was founded in 1980 under the state university act 1980.
- North Eastern Hill University: North-Eastern Hill University was founded in 1973. The NEHU has over 1225 acres campus.
- Mizoram University: Mizoram University was founded in 2001. The university recognized by UGC.
- Pondicherry University: Pondicherry University was founded in 1985 by the Government of India under the act of Parliament.
- Aligarh Muslim University: Aligarh Muslim University was founded in 1875.
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University: The Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University was founded in 1996 in Lucknow.
- Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan, West Bengal: Visva Bharati University was set up in 1863. It recognized by UGC.
- Nagaland University: The Nagaland University was founded in 1989.
Note: List of Central Universities in India 2013 can be check on the official Website of UGC.
Another Useful Section for Readers: